Teaching Entrepreneurship with HP LIFE e-Learning
Entrepreneurship is an important driver of growth in ourselves and our economy. People who are exposed to entrepreneurship tend to be more creative, gain more control over their lives, and work in their passion. It is not surprising then that many educators believe that fostering a robust entrepreneurial culture in their classrooms will set the stage for greater economic and social success on a local, national, and global scale. Every student today, whether he or she plans to go into the workforce or college, requires 21st century skills to succeed. We need to ensure that all students are qualified to succeed in work and life in this new global economy. Having entrepreneurial skills is a critical component to success for the future of our students. In this mini-course you will examine four (4) themes under the Entrepreneurship umbrella.
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset: here we consider how you can foster it in you as well as your students and environment.
- HP LIFE e-Learning: here we explore this free online educational resource designed for students, entrepreneurs, and small-business owners to develop their IT and business skills. Used by educators, trainers and mentors across the globe, HP LIFE e-Learning has 24 self-contained, interactive 1-hour courses covering operations, marketing, finance and communications and some special topics including social entrepreneurship, effective leadership and energy efficiency. It is currently available in seven languages and the program offers a range of additional features including certification of completion, advice, and access to a global online community.
- Integrating HP LIFE e-Learning into the classroom: here we determine how this resource can be an aid in your classroom or educational environment
- Global awareness: In this module we will be examining communities of practice along with connecting to other entrepreneurs.
I hope you will join us on this exciting journey into the entrepreneurial spirit!
Internet connection, HP LIFE e-Learning materials (provided online), (optional) video recording capability
- Explore the importance of entrepreneurship for you and your students.
- You will create a content/lesson plan (or concept map) that integrates HP LIFE e-Learning content into your educational environment.
- You will connect with a community of practice in an area of interest within the entrepreneurial field on a global level.
- Course participants should be able to recognize and articulate the assumptions, central ideas, and dominate themes of entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial mindset.
- At the end of their learning experience, participants will have a deeper understanding of HP LIFE e-Learning, the platform, and the offerings that can be utilized as an educator.